http://www.antoinettewysocki.com/

Monday, January 17, 2011

We Need Some SUNSHINE In All This Snow

As this project has become bigger than I ever anticipated, I have been coinciding my Facebook Page with the posts in this blog. As I mentioned in the first blog post, each day I want to introduce to the world someone in my circle who has made their passion a reality. Everyday on Facebook I post the person of the day and was hoping the next day to have an article up about each one. Falling behind a little I am just starting to catch up with the blog pieces.
As there is no rhyme or reason to what I am doing I am going to step out of order for a moment because in all this dreary cold, ice and snow we need some Sunshine.
The other day I was introduced to the Sunshine Brothers by a friend. Everyone knows one of the things that feeds MY soul is music. All music has a time and a place in my life, and I pride myself on finding new music before it becomes mainstream. I listen to all and everything and often when going out on a long run, I load up the ipod with everything ranging from Andrea Bocelli to ACDC. There comes a moment in every run where those songs fill the void of boredom, when my mind alone cannot carry me through those rough miles. So in perfect timing for my mega marathon training and the winter blues:
Enter Owen Plant, the lead singer of The Sunshine Brothers with his cool beat and summery vibe. Jamaican born and now residing in Santa Barbara,Mr. Plant is familiar with island living and an outdoorsy lifestyle. His music is best described as reggae-infused surfer/pop, and it gives me that feeling of floating around on a raft in the ocean with some kind of drink that has an umbrella coming out of it.
Though the majority of their shows are on the West coast, Owen is incidentally going to be on the East coast this Saturday January 22Nd. He will be doing a solo show in Cambridge, MA at Club Passim.
If you find yourself looking for something to do this weekend and have the desire to take a road trip, I promise this show will not disappoint. It will most likely be packed so get your tickets in advance. He will take all your winter blues and melt them away.

No comments:

Post a Comment