http://www.antoinettewysocki.com/

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Artist: Antoinette Wysocki

Antoinette and I had the pleasure of meeting almost exactly 10 years ago to the day. In the time that I have known her I have watched her blossom into the amazing artist that she is. It has not been easy for her, no journey into your true self ever is. As Paulo Coelho writes in The Alchemist, "The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times."

Antoinette has been involved in many ventures in her life, both in business as well as life experiences. All she has ever wanted to do was paint, and even when it was most difficult for her, she never gave up on that dream. I think all of what she has done has only richened her soul, thus really bringing to the surface the true artist she is. Her love and passion of what she does can be felt when you stand near one of her paintings.

She has had shows in San Francisco, New York, London, Hong Kong and many other cities around the world. She has also been involved in founding community art programs in Washington DC and in 2007 was nominated for Best Emerging Artist by GLADD in New York City.

Her most recent show was at The Blank Space , to which she was interviewed for I Heart Artists. One of the things I love is to watch Antoinette in action. There is something so beautiful about watching a true artist as they "perform" their work. Most artists I have come across like to work privately, not wanting to reveal their work till it is complete. Antoinette will sometimes invite people in to watch her process, and when you do, you realize it is like being at an opera, though to a different kind of music.

I enjoy visiting her home and her studio in Manhattan, the only problem is I want to take all of her work with me and everything is usually already sold.

Please watch the video of her at work and please contact her as she is someone everyone wants to know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment